Broken Mirror
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the official ideas section

+9
longbow4283
shotgunguyy
Craig
azert123
StormChiller
Galactic Crimanal
Mr.Borg
SilverShadows
Skembri
13 posters
Go down
SilverShadows
SilverShadows
Admin
Admin
https://brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk

the official ideas section - Page 2 Empty Re: the official ideas section

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:05 am
agree good ideas
revan547
revan547
Cadet
Cadet

Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 pm
I have a few ideas.
1) Fix some of the bugs if you can. They can be really annoying.
2) Even if you completely wipe out an empire, they will continue to attack your planet's. There should be something that can recognize how many planets a side has, and it can only attack with ships their planet amount could support.
3) Some kind of system where every system and station has a certain "point" value, and when a battle occurs where it's just two AI's, the more powerful station's would have a better chance of surviving.
4) More planets. More wormholes leading to secret planets(Dyson, Pirate's Haven) would be cool.
5) A larger variety in ships and weapons.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral
http://www.thebrokenmirror.webs.com

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:21 am
ok people ur ideas are goos buit small, ur focusing upon other broken mirror games, my game is going to be a mmrpg game with 5 galaxies over n200 planets, about 700 different ships, huge new empires and battles, membership includes, latest design in weaponary.

the ggalaxy will be changing constantly and updated every weak or so and when a war breaks out it will last and there will be casualties.

this game will take ages to make but once finished it will be well worth the wait. so i need ideas for ships, planet desigins, side misions etc etc
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:49 am
1. I would like the making of a level or rank system. For example, after a mission or destroying a ship you gain X exp and level up. Depending on the race there would be different rank names in their own language. (Cardassians: Gorr, Garresh, Gil, etc)

2. You shouldn't be able to buy experience (Away Team, engineering) it defeats a lot of the game purpose. But, by doing specific missions, trading, fighting, etc, you should gain X exp. You should gain MORE THAN 1 or 2 exp for each mission or action like the other BMs.

3. If you're a non-aligned humanoid, you will have different ranking system based on what people think of you. (Like BM1, Galactic Emperor, Explorer, etc)

4. I do agree with having more than 1 planet and slowing the combat speed and raising the price of anti-matter.

5. I don't agree with healing items because what kind of item would do something that repairs ships that quickly? Maybe supercharging the shield but not repairing the hull.

6. Change what a ship sells, for example, I made money really quickly by finding a ship that sells X and finding a ship that buys X. Then keep on doing it. Make it so the prices are worth it so there would be traders but change it so they can't keep on doing it for quick money.

7. Based on above, make trading experience for non-mission trades.

8. Better system of commanding your fleet. Make it so you can see all your ships on a single screen that scrolls down. Then you choose what each ship does on that screen.

9. Make specialized races. In BM1 there wasn't really an advantage in having some ships. Like for Humans, make an all around kind of ship, for Dominion, make ships for combat. Make it more RPGish so you could classify them more easily. (for reasons like damage, defense, etc)

10. Make fleet control inside of a specific system more easy to control. Have the AI in the ships actually attack the enemy when you're not in a system. And sometimes they don't attack even if you are in a system.

11. Make system conquest a little less time consuming. Sometimes I have to attack the planet constantly under heavy fire for like 10 minutes when I clearly won the fight.

12. Be able to land on planets and have a menu of things that you can do. (Trade, Fight in a Bar the official ideas section - Page 2 133319 , Diplomacy, Black Market, etc)

13. Thanks for all of your posts because without them, I wouldn't have to been able to come up with these ideas.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:06 am
1. already in the making
2.yer i was planning to demolish that so yer
3.im doing exp, so level up so u can have different ranks, but u will always be a human
4.?
5.urm i dont agree with that one but i do think if the hull is injured there should be a different way to heal
6.the entire trading system will be changed as u will be trading with other people, over the internet so the person decides what he wants
7.actually for all trades and the higher the level, you can sel more expencive stuff
8.you wont have a fleet as it is multi player but u and ur frends can make clans or allainces to work together
9. there are gunna be so many races it dusnt matter
10.like i sed fleet control wont be used
11.u wont be able to conquer a planet, but if ur a member u can own stations of which worth wise are the same
12. that may be an option later, but for now im desgining a new attack system wer if ur bourd soones ship or u r bourded u can defend or attack the bridge
13.well he sed it
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:08 am
so basically all my ideas went to dump the official ideas section - Page 2 Icon_cry
3 was concerning an earlier post and for most of my ideas i meant for single player.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:09 am
nooo, im doing some of them but u r the first person to give real ideas but just remember this is a massivly multiplayer online role playing game (mmorpg)
cheaterathart
cheaterathart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 am
really i think it would be hard to make more single player with 3 4 beging a dump
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:14 am
I see, alright, so we are going to have race wars and guilds and stuff?

I think we should have team quests where you enter a wormhole or area which is full with AIs and you have to get somewhere or destroy something.
cheaterathart
cheaterathart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:15 am
also i think the maps should be bigger were people explor and if they find it it goes to there clan
and a world owner gets 5% or something of all income on that planet
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 am
also i think that the travel system should be more like flashtrek the original where you go from world to world next to eachother so there won't be much cheapness in an enemy attack and they wouldn't be able to go to the home world so easily.

Make warping so that you can't do it every 2 seconds.
cheaterathart
cheaterathart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:20 am
or you could have it more like both were if you alredy found it you can go back to it(if its allied) and explore by just flying places
there would also be ai plants
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:27 am
ok so the maps will be expanded we will have moons and updates my bring in huge stations or motherships before wars,

i am desiging the technolyion mothership, a quest, u have to fight through hords of technolyions with there cruisers and stuff, and then when u find the location of the home planet u jump through a gate there, and it goes to a cutscene, and then u have to defeat it. i was thinking of making classes aswell, such as a trader, or a warior, or a religous fighter, or on some worlds u can learn the art of the vortex, basically u can arm your ships with much more powerful sheilds and weapons with energy drawn from the space time continuom vortex
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:34 am
Also there should be a targeting system so you don't attack your own ships. In the past BM there was a targeting button that you select the closest ship but sometimes i selected another ship. I would like a enemy selection button and a friend selection button.

Another thing is fixing the zoom. In BM 1-4 there was a problem with the zoom and the speed. You would enter warp speed faster when you were zoomed out but if you zoomed in you wouldn't be in warp speed.
cheaterathart
cheaterathart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:36 am
wait you can zoom out and the thing to change what ship you aim at is ctrl but it doesent work
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:43 am
lol the zoom thing it shows u entering warp sooed because ur traveling at the speed but as your s far ot it looks like ur going slower
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:47 am
Nope, thats what i thought at first but its really different. If you enter warp speed when you're fully zoomed out, and then zoom in, you're not in warp speed anymore.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:05 am
ooh i thought as u zoomed in it just dlowed down
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:09 am
yea, That needs to be fixed in BM5 hopefully. unless thats going to be different too.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:17 am
i dont really have a concern for that i dont see it as a major problem but i will see what i can ddoo
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:42 am
Thank you. It would make combat in ships easier.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:17 am
yer but in the multiplayer one im desiding if i should allow PvP or if i should make like a realm for that like on runescape the wildernes, but yer im also wondering of i should let people decide what race they are or if they should all be human
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:50 am
I think having different races would be cool. Then have the races be able to go pvp on eachother except for homeworlds. Enemies of a certain race would not be able to enter that homeworld. I think there should be PvP systems and certain systems should be able to be conquered and certain advantages given to the conquered race in that system.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:33 am
i just think it wud e hard to do different races, maybe i sud release it as a beta member thing later on after the game is actualy released
Mutaga
Mutaga
Commander
Commander

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 am
That may be a good idea. Like develop it after its released right? Then we could incorporate it as an update.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum