Broken Mirror
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Weylin
Weylin
Cadet
Cadet

Some suggestions to rule changes. (Necroposting) Empty Some suggestions to rule changes. (Necroposting)

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:37 am
I believe the necroposting rule is a bit harsh. This forum is not very active, and only about one topic in each section wouldn't fall under the necroposting rule. I say that if you have something relevant to say, and the topic is still on the first page, the necroposting rule should be negligible.

Also, you said necroposting is posting in a topic that is 2 months or more old, yet I've seen mods warning about necroposting just after only one month.
SilverShadows
SilverShadows
Admin
Admin
https://brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk

Some suggestions to rule changes. (Necroposting) Empty Re: Some suggestions to rule changes. (Necroposting)

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:47 am
but the fact about necros is none of them do bring up anything new most of them are like "aw i really like this game but why do stations disappear" which is bringing up anything new as we all know that is the build bug also you have something new to add why not create a new topic about it no need to go into an old one which generally has nothing to do with the message which is being posted also you signed up to the terms and conditions of this forum you dont like it tough.
Genix Warrior
Genix Warrior
Admiral
Admiral
http://stargategalaxy.webatu.com/index.php/main/index

Some suggestions to rule changes. (Necroposting) Empty Re: Some suggestions to rule changes. (Necroposting)

Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:44 pm
Well darkshadow has a point and I have seen that topic brought up like 3-4 times, It's really annoying.
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Admiral
Admiral
http://www.brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:32 am
Weylin wrote:I believe the necroposting rule is a bit harsh. This forum is not very active, and only about one topic in each section wouldn't fall under the necroposting rule. I say that if you have something relevant to say, and the topic is still on the first page, the necroposting rule should be negligible.

Also, you said necroposting is posting in a topic that is 2 months or more old, yet I've seen mods warning about necroposting just after only one month.

Yea, some modz say two months, but really the point of the rule is to keep dead topics from resurfacing.

And this forum is pretty active, and moves pretty fast, so one month is enough to consider a necro.

Although I do agree the modz are a bit worked up lately.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum