Broken Mirror
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
UnKillable
UnKillable
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

My Zombie Book Empty My Zombie Book

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:35 am
Day137-Just surviving

I lose track of the days each time, so everyday I write a new journal entry to keep up. Zombies assaulted our police station yesterday. Killed 3, infected 2 others. We’re running low on untainted food and ammo. Most food to be found is infected with the virus. That’s how this all started. It took survivors too long to figure out the infected food from the good.

I took inventory earlier today. We have only one shotgun with 17 shells, 3 pistols with 36 rounds, that’s one clip each gun. We also have three grenades, which we will hold until we run out of ammo.If only it were true that zombies slept during the day. If only it were true they slept at all.

-Mike C.

I looked up from the journal scrap left near the three blackened craters. I saluted the craters.

“Rest in peace, fellow soldiers,” I said.

What heroes, I thought, didn’t want to be a problem for other survivors.

I saluted again and left the ruined police station, going towards the squad humvee. As I walked, I reflected on the unfairness. I darkly remembered when the first quarantine notices were given,defensive lines drawn that placed my fort within the quarantine zone. I remembered personally watching the electric fence go up, the mines planted. If only I hadn’t been trapped in this living hell.

“Captain, did you find anything”interrupted my brooding.

“Nothing important,” I replied calmly

“Uuuuhhh,” came from the distance.
We exchanged looks.

“Did you hear that?”

“Sure did.”

“Maybe we should head back to the Humvee”

“Good idea”

We both jogged to the Humvee and clambered in.

“Zombies on approach”

The gunner swiveled the machine gun on top, looking for a target. We all close and lock our doors aiming our weapons out the windows. A zombie comes around a street corner and a burst of.50 caliber rounds hits its chest, blowing massive bloody holes through the torso. Needless to say, the zombie stops moving. Another three zombies came around the corner in fast succession, moaning and shuffling at us. The gunner fires into the group wildly, as more zombies, drawn by the gunfire, close in all around us, pouring through alleyways and streets. We all fired into the masses ineffectively. A zombie stuck its hand through the window and I shoot it in the face with my shotgun.

I hear the sound of the engine struggling to start, coughing. A zombie climbs onto the humvee roof and takes a bite out of the gunner. I shoot them both. The engine coughs again with the sound of death. Again. Again. The masses of zombies are so big they block out all sunlight as they pull the pieces off the top of the humvee. The engine coughs one last time and then shudders, the humvee starts. The driver floors the accelerator, grinding zombies into dust under it, splattering them with the fender. We drove away, the driver never letting up on the gas pedal. I see the massive horde shuffling at us in the distance.

“Too bad, no brains for you today.”

We drive right into a wall at full acceleration, smashing the car and creating a massive fireball. Everybody inside dies.

THE END (Or is it?)

Last edited by UnKillable on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Copy paste problems)
UnKillable
UnKillable
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

My Zombie Book Empty Re: My Zombie Book

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:36 am
lol copy paste kinda screwed up the spaces, not me
klingonking
klingonking
Chief
Chief

My Zombie Book Empty Re: My Zombie Book