Broken Mirror
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Progress Empty Progress

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:17 pm
Ok I'll post updates as to my progress in this topic, to avoid cluttering others.

I decided to use BM1 and give it a full makeover to turn it into flash gate. I don't currently have any panels/menus so if anyone reeeaally wants to help me, that's what I need most. If nobody can/will.... then I'll try and get raffitz's old ones, but since this is basically my version of flash gate, I'd rather not use his panels and menus.

Changed most of the sprites, but that's the easy part.
Done something different with the shields.
Adding different moons into a lot of systems.
Adding stations, although I only have two different Goa'Uld station sprites, I'm going to make an Ancient Weapons Platform sprite.
Adding the gates.

Some other stuff I'll mention later today.
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Admiral
Admiral
http://www.brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk

Progress Empty Re: Progress

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:15 am
Koool!

And what do you mean by something different with the shhields?
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:45 am
You'll see during alpha testing Smile

Still wondering if I want new menus... but the preloader is being a bitch in that it's taking me a while to do.
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Admiral
Admiral

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:47 am
Hmmm...try allowing more mbs for the flash.
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:15 am
Wow... past 2 days I've discovered how easy it is to make a BM3,4,5,6 etc.
With them, you're just changing sprites and altering some menus.... This really isn't the case with flashgate.
I'm doing my utmost to distinguish flashgate as more than just some flash trek mod.

Spent most of today working on the weapons; using current sprites and modding them to look like the weapons I want them to, generating a brand new weapons list with stats and such and now I need to put them all in the game and put the sounds with them.

So the weapons aren't just renamed flash trek weapons now. New weapons:
Asgard Plasma Beam
Ori Energy Beam
Asgard Ion Gun
Goa'uld Energy pulse
Ori Energy Pulse
Ancient Drones
Nuclear Warhead
Dart Energy Pulse
Wraith Energy Pulse
Tollan Ion Cannon
Tau'Ri Railgun
SilverShadows
SilverShadows
Admin
Admin
https://brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:22 am
its really not the case that modding bm games is easy there's a lot of code to edit and creating sprites from scratch isnt exactly a walk in the park
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:41 pm
Ok,ok, I get it.

I'm taking the ability to buy weapons out of the game, I want new weapons to be obtained the way they would in the show... taking them from captured vessels.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral
http://www.thebrokenmirror.webs.com

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:02 pm
then u might want to edit how your armies ships respond to disabled ships

and it sounds great, btw like ive sed dont redesign the entire interface and menus i an get them all so they look like the hud off the sgc computors
Caboose
Caboose
Admiral
Admiral

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:05 pm
Hmm maybe In this one, nearly every ship won't have the same weapon.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:09 pm
i was more thinking if u have an army wen u attack a planet they dont stop hitting ships till there destroyed even if u select them to board
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:15 am
Right, well, since nobody came forward to help I've starting making the list of planet's an corresponding descriptions myself:

Tau'Ri
Earth;Homeworld of the Tau'Ri,
P4X-650 Alpha Site;Chosen by the Tau'Ri as a permanent Alpha site, this world is perfect for colonisation.

Jaffa
Chulak;The planet is a mountainous, heavily foliated world with vast coniferous forests. The Jaffa of Chulak were the first to denounce the Goa'uld as gods.
Dakara;Oiginally inhabited by the Ancients, Dakara has served as a symbol of power for the Goa'Uld and later the Free Jaffa Nation.
Hak'tyl;Set up as a safe haven for the female Jaffa of Goa'Uld system lord Moloc, it later became aplanet of the Free Jaffa Nation.

Independant:
Oannes; Home to the semi-aquatic species known as the Ohnesho who operate a caste based society, the planet's surface is mostly water.
Aschen Prime;Homeworld of the Aschen,an advanced human species with superior technology.
Tollana;The Tollan's second homeworld after the first was destroyed by reckless sharing of their technology, they have since adopted a xenophobic isolationist attitude.
Unas;Inhabited by a primitive race of the same name, it is also believed to be the original homeworld of the Goa'Uld.
Gaia;Inhabited by the illusive Nox, one of the four great races alongside the Asgard, Ancients and Furlings. Gaia is covered with vast unscathed forests rich in wildlife, with Nox cities remaining cloaked to invaders.
Galar;The people of Galar thrived under the protection of the now defunct Asgard Protected Planets Treaty. Their level of development is some years ahead of the Tau'Ri, with beautiful sky scraper cities stretching across the planet.
Orban;The homeworld of the Orbanians, an Aztec civilization transplanted from Earth by the Goa'uld millenia ago. The planet's surface is dotted with Aztec styled cities, although the Orbanians themsleves possess advanced cybernetic technology.

Goa'Uld
Saqqara;Saqqara has served as the Homeworld of many Goa'Uld,most notably Ra and Apophis, with a large enslaved Jaffa population.
Juna;Over mined by the many different system lords who have laid claim to Juna of the centuries, it is now devoid of any Naquadah, and the plant life continues to die out.
Memphis;Populated by a variety of unusual (and some sentient) creatures, this mixture is the result of the system lord Sokar 'collecting' them to reside on Memphis.
Naysa;The people of Naysa have been slaves on this planet for as long as they can remember, mining Naquadah. The planet itself is covered by vast forests interspersed with mining camps.
Paraval;Paraval is home to a modest human population, although they lost independence generations ago.
Delmak;Delmak is a highly industrialized planet, long controlled by the Goa'uld. It's surface is almost completely devoid of plant and animal life.

Ori
Kallana;Kallana was the location of the battle that resulted in the Ori invasion of the Milky Way through the Ori Supergate.
Langara;A Naquadah rich planet that has passed through the hands of many powers including a period of independence.
Madrona;The inhabitants of this planet are easily influenced by more technologically advanced races, and as such have been without independence for many years. The planet itself has an advanced weather control system built long ago by the Furlings, it is believed advanced technology may lay here....

Wraith
Amra;Inhabited by a pre-industrial race of humans, the Wraith have been known to cull here since establishing themselves in the Milky Way.
Erabus;Once a labour world for Jaffa to build Goa'Uld motherships, it was one of the first worlds overtaken by the Wraith invasion to stem the opposition by the system lords.
Latona;After technologically regressing, and having lost their only advanced defense system, the Wraith exploited the opportunity.

Asgard
Heliopolis;During the time of the Alliance of Four Great Races, Heliopolis was the chosen meeting place between the Ancients, Furlings, Nox, and Asgard. The Asgard are the only race frequenting the planet, tith the disappearance of the Ancients and the apparent withdrawal of the Nox and Furlings.
K'Tau;A planet of human's with a norse like culture, it is part of the Asgard Protected Planets Treaty in the Milky Way.
Cimmeria; Nurtured by the Asgard who protected them from Goa'Uld enslavement, the people of Cimmeria have flourished and remain resilient.
Svoriin;The Asgard brought Humans from Scandinavia to Svoriin, encapsulating them in the Protected Planets Treaty. A plague of infestation flies killed off many millions of the Svoriin, however with their advanced technology have managed to overcome the infestation and repopulate.

Lucian Alliance
Lucia;The birthplace of the Lucian Alliance, there is much money to be made less-than-legally here.
Rolan;Many shipping routes of the Lucian Alliance pass above Rolan, and as such it has become a centre of trade.

Tok'ra
Ghanaz;An icy world long abandoned by the Goa'Uld and now host the Tok'Ra.
Vorash;The Tok'ra have long used this planet as their base of operations, leading some to declare it their homeworld. It's surface is mostly desert.

Replicators
Halla; Once an Asgard outpost, the replicators covered the planet's surface with replicator blocks after taking it over.

What would be the most helpful thing right now, that would save me heaps of time, is if someone could fit these into the already existing BM1 planet list txt file by replacing the planet's and putting these in. Whoever does it will have to consider planet strengths and location.

I wanted to do a whole new map with lots of nice new things, but without the help I'm not going to spend all the extra time doing it. I'm just going to fit the planets into the existing map frame instead.

EDIT: I have a host of planet sprites to add more diversity to the galaxy which BM1 and 2 both lacked.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:26 pm
heey im in the midst of my own few projects this forum truly lacks the ability to lend a helping hand, soo if i help ou out u obviously know the bm source code better than me, wud u help me out on bmvo?
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Admiral
Admiral

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:51 am
ask josh...
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 am
lol josh has his own life to lead and a list of projects to do... including bmvo
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:52 am
So it's been a while... Well, I lost all my files, because my PC (despite being glorious) had a few major cooling problems... and my HDD was wrecked... it was all lost among other things, so I just qq'd the project. But I'm bored, still got a few more weeks of holiday before uni starts again, so Ill see if I can whip something together and do a total reskin of BM1 so that it becomes a bran d new Flashgate. May work, may not... either way,, I'll keep this forum posted.
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:39 pm
Still working on it, and making quite some progress!

I've spent the last 3 days doing all the text files; which has been extremely tedious. I've also either obtained and edited, or created myself, a bunch of new sprites. I hated Raffitz's sprites... they were... crappy, to say the least. I imagine people will barely care, but hey ho, I wanted things looking nicer so I put in the effort to make it so.

Still balancing, and no doubt when I hit the testing phase people will help me adjust everything to get it properly balanced though. I also have yet to finish swapping star trek sprites out, because there's more ships in this game than in raffitz's. Weapons are coming along, though I'm still having some difficulty with a number of things. All in all, it's a bit slow, but I'm getting there.

And finally - I have already started thinking about a Flashgate 2, which will focus on the Pegasus Galaxy and Wraith-Lantean war Smile
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 pm
well number 2 sounds like a great idea, but if you can perfect the pre loader (hahaha) then you could expand on the bm2 engine and add a ton more planets in the other galaxy bit there and perhaps only release one, but constantly update it.. Smile plus are you adding any kind of story mode to it?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum