Broken Mirror
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Wow, long time... Empty Wow, long time...

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 am
Ok, so you probably won't remember me... it's been a long time...

I've on and off developed flashgate, but I had to stop after my laptop died, carrying with it aaaaaall my flashgate files and progress.
But I've finished college and in about 2 months I'll be off to uni. In that time, I plan to finish what I started and make flashgate what I've always wanted it to be. Before I lost everything I'd just finished my stargate sprite and put them in the game (didn't figure out how to add multiple destinations to a stargate though) and had added in some stations, and if I remember rightly I'd been working on multiple planets in a system and moon bases and crap like that. Exciting stuff.

I've recovered some files, but not nearly enough to finish this. If someone could upload the .fla that would be awesome, it would be a pain and could cause bugs if I have to get hold of an extractor to take apart the .swf you know? So yeah...

Hopefully, if I get all the files, I can do this.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral
http://www.thebrokenmirror.webs.com

Wow, long time... Empty Re: Wow, long time...

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:36 am
haha hii, ive got some news for u, go to www.sgcsim.com and look for the file, ive spoken tot eh creator and he sed he wud give us all grpahics, it wud make a great menu and hud Smile
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:12 am
I've looked at a few different huds, I know raffitz liked the bright lime green (happens to be my favourite colour) I also tried out a bright orange, changing around the menus and stuff, but to be honest, raffitz did it pretty damn well. I'm gonna try and get flash today and start looking into to adding the gates again etc.
Genix Warrior
Genix Warrior
Admiral
Admiral
http://stargategalaxy.webatu.com/index.php/main/index

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:56 pm
Well, good luck, oh yea I've been waiting for strgates for a whilre, you rock man.
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 am
I extracted the swf to get the fla, but it only has a single scene - that is, no preloader etc. Just 'Scene 1' which is irritating.

I'll see if I can do this with an extracted version.
Skembri
Skembri
Admiral
Admiral
http://www.thebrokenmirror.webs.com

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm
yer thats how the dwf decompilers work, btw did u check out the site??

and i was thinking of a few storylines, cos the go'auld were destroyed, the ori were destroyed, the asgurd are dead, the replicaters were destroyed, infact the wraith is ht eonly legit enemy left i think, well besides the asurans or whatever

so we need to create the game off joshes finished bm2 source, then we need to write a sotryline to each race and how they returned fromt eh dead, then a basic overview, there are alot of people who want to help without flash you could ask them
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Admiral
Admiral
http://www.brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:27 am
I remember you!
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:25 am
I really don't think we do need to come up with a storyline. I'm not sure people care that in the series these guys were defeated, all they care about is playing as their favourite race with their favourite ships and fighting to take over the galaxy... as long as we provide key features like the stargates and stations, then it's all good Smile

The storyline really is the least of our worries, and to be honest I'm probably just gonna have to use BM2 because I can't really work with the extracted flash gate, I extracted the resources so I'll put them into BM2 for starters.

(P.S The Goa'uld weren't fully defeated in the series, you have to remember that there were the key Goa'uld, but there were lots and lots of minor ones who took over after the main one's were killed off, they never had the power of the big ones, but they still had some)
foofong1
Officer
Officer

Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:12 am
Riiiight, well if someone who wants to help could do a planet list for me then that would be awesome, as I really don't have the time.

This page has a list of all the Milky Way planets in SG: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Milky_Way_planets

Just check Skembri's old topic about it for a list of the planets from Flash trek that will be replaced. Obviously there are a few key planets that MUST go in, off the top of my head... Earth, Chulak, Abydos (yes I know in the series it was destroyed) The Alpha site (to give the Tau'Ri a second planet)... Planets like those are key, so they must be in there.
The task is putting them in the right places as well. Thanks to whoever responds!
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Admiral
Admiral
http://www.brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:37 am
well, sorry to break it, but I'm working a lot to...

anyways u double posted...just edit your first post next time. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum